COVID-19 RELATED FAQ
- Will ASI be in-person this year?
Yes! We are excited to say that we will be in-person this year.
- Will participants be required to take Covid-19 test?
All participants are required to have a negative covid test 24 to 48 hours before beginning the 3 week program. Further instructions will be given after acceptance into the program.
- Are participants required to have the Covid-19 vaccine?
Participants are encouraged but not required to have the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Is there a virtual option for the Summer Institute?
Unfortunately this year we will not offer a virtual ASI experience.
- Will PPE be provided for the participants of ASI?
The Summer Institute will provide PPE to ensure the safety of the participants and to ensure that CDC standards are implemented and maintained during the duration of the the program.
- Will there be a virtual viewing option for Smokey Joe's Cafe?
Unfortunately, there will be no virtual viewing options for Smokey Joe's Cafe.
- When does ASI begin?
ASI will run July 12 - July 31, 2020 from 9am - 3pm.
- What is the cost of the ArtsCentric Summer Institute?
The total cost of the three week in-person intensive is $950.
- What is included in the cost of tuition?
The tuition covers the student rate and includes an ASI t-shirt, one-on-one coaching, and valuable resources/materials that can be used for future auditions/performances. Artists will also be given the chance to auditIon for casting directors in theatre, television and film. This is an invaluable experience to our participants that is not done anywhere else.
- Are scholarships available?
Scholarships will be examined on a case by case basis. Please email Shayla Lowe, ASI coordinator, at SLOWE@ArtsCentric.org for further details.
- Are payment plans available?
Payments plans are available and may be setup through Shayla at SLOWE@ArtsCentric.org.
- If I have two children who are accepted into the program, can I get a discount?
Due to the online programming this year, we can not offer discounts.
- How do I get into ASI? What are the eligibility requirements?
ASI is open to teens and young adults ages 14 - 22 years of age. All must audition.
- What happens in a typical day at ASI?
ASI combines a core set of studio and master classes taught by professionals with regional, national/international tour, and broadway credits.
Classes are divided into small groups and focus on acting, dancing, singing, and auditioning & performance skills. Each day will culminate in rehearsal for the musical to be performed at the conclusion of the institute.
Classes will meet from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with breaks and off screen activities. Parents will be notified, in advance, in these instances, when off screen activities occur.
- Will lunch be provided by ASI?
No. Due to the online nature of the program this year, students will still have a lunch break but we will not be providing lunch. However, we do recommend each student bring a large water bottle to keep with them throughout the day.
- Will there be a parent meeting for general information?
We will hold a parent meeting during the first day of the intensive, August 10, 2020 at 8:45am. We ask that all parents attend this important meeting as you will have the opportunity to meet our staff, ask questions and address any concerns.
- Where will ASI he held?
ASI is completely online programming this year. We look forward to the day we can be in the same room with our students, but we value their safety above all else.
- May I visit and observe classes?
We ask that parents not visit during classes as we have found it to be a distraction to the students. You will have an opportunity to see what your child has been working on at their performances.